Thursday, November 8, 2007
Ridiculous British laws
1. It is illegal to die in the Houses of parliament .
2. It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside-down .
3. In Liverpool, it is illegal for a woman to be topless except as a clerk in a tropical fish store
4. Mince pies cannot be eaten on Christmas Day .
5. In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter .
6. A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman's helmet .
7. The head of any dead whale found on the British coast automatically becomes the property of the king, and the tail of the queen .
8. It is illegal to avoid telling the tax man anything you
do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing .
9. It is illegal to enter the Houses of parliament in a suit of armour .